Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jinx


Jinx
Meg Cabot
Okay, just to start off at, Meg Cabot has written some of my favorite books. For example, the Mediator series.. loved it. Too bad it ended. So when i read Jinx, i expect it to be good. Well, it was okay. It could have been better, if i say so myself. It is one of those books that take a while to start but once you do, you want to see what happens. It is a light book, and that might be part of my decision of my "okay" vote. it is kind of absurd in part due to Tory aka Torrence. So okay so here's what it is about. Jean aka Jinx, has been a bad luck magnet all her life, but there is a reason for that... but i won't tell you because that would ruin the story. SO when she moves to NY to get away for a while, and goes to live with her uncle and aunt, there is this whole cousinly rivalry. I have a feeling that meg cabot wanted to have the effect where she leaves you with a bunch of questions and answers them at the end, and she did that... but not very well in my opinion. So it is an okay book but again, i have read way better. This is an easy read. 

2 comments:

__andie__ said...

thats soo cool you have 5 people!
~Andie Beast~
good job

Grace said...

Agreed. I read it a while back, and it was some nice, light, reading. It wasn't bad. It could've been much, much better though. I thought there was something about the climax was just a little bit off. Like the writing wasn't her best. Good, but not great. She has other, better books that I would def reccomend over Jinx