Monday, January 19, 2009

Coming Soon...

So i went to Borders (am i allowed to talk about them on the internet?) and bought a book called Wake. I also received the book Identical from my friend for my birthday. THANKS ANDIE BEAST (inside joke, read Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson (forgot to write about that one, will later) to figure it out(but when you do, andie isn't like andy)(just a funny coincidence)). I went to the library and got Lucky T and Boy Meets Girl, which i wrote about. Also Code Orange, This Lullaby, a Dessen book, Hero, and Jinx, another Cabot book. so i have alot of reading to catch up on. I have been known to buy books faster than i can read them, but that is okay with me. Have any suggestions to what books i should read. Give me a book, i'll be sure to read it asap. And don't worry it will be a while before i run out of books. (i always have that nightmare, that i'll read all the good books and they won't get any more for a while. NIGHTMARE). Hey tell me about all your book induced nightmares. 

3 comments:

Alannah said...

I've read Jinx, it's a cute book.
Have you read the Book Thief by Markus Zusak? It's one of my favorite novels ever.

Grace said...

I've read Speak. Good book, but not my fave. Oh, and, wait for it, GAHHH SARAH DESSEN IS MY FAVE I'VE READ ALL HER BOOKS!!! Sorry, I am quite the Dessen spazz. This lullaby was one of her better ones I think, although the beginning is a bit odd. My personal top two dessen books are Just Listen and Someone Like You. Have you read them? And Jinx is decent, a nice light read. Also, for book recommendations, my top three of the moment would be My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (read it now! It's incredible), A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Houssein (did I spell that right? Also, this book is quite sad, so space it between some lighter books, like Cabot or Dessen) Another one of my all time favorites would have to be the Giver by Louis Lowry. It's pretty weird, and it doesn't make that much sense the first time through, but it's so amazingly worth it. Oh, and the Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld. The hype is just. Oh, I could go on for hours. Days maybe.

Now onto my book related nightmare (you're not the only one)
I'm trapped in a bookstore, and everything is just books, the walls, the shelves, the counters. The only non book thing is the door. And the thing is, all of the books are glued shut, I can't open any one of them. And then the door turns into a book and it's glued shut too. It's quite strange.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Umm... You'll probably hate both of these suggestions but I love Great Expectations and anything by Stephen King. Great blog you have btw!

SuperStizzle