Saturday, September 12, 2009

City of Ashes


City of Ashes (second of the mortal instrument series)
Cassandra Clare

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and fairies? Clary would love to spend more time with her best friend, Simon. But the Shadowhunters won't let her go=especially her handsome, infuriating brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil-and also her father. When the second of the Mortal Instruments is stolen, the terrifying Inquistor suspects Jace. COuld Jace really be willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

I love this book. I look this series. This, like The Hunger Game series, is also a trilogy, but also has great characters. So great it's so hard to choose your favorite one. I did tho, just barely. Simon. I love his funny attitude and him being the nerdy one of the group just secures his spot, at least for now.
Cassandra Clare does a great job keeping the suspense up, and keeping her audience interested. I read in in one sitting, and immediately bought the third one the same day. I forced all my friends to read it, and now they are Mortal Instrument Fans. Now i am doing the same. Read this book. If you done with magical creature stories, just read this series to leave that theme with a bang. If your not over them, then you should read this story anyways too. It's worth it. Trust me.

10 comments:

Strawberry said...

The underwear? Yeah, it kinda is. Haha.

Aw, don't worry. It won't be any different from hanging out with one or two of your friends. Just don't offend anyone, and you'll be fine! :D

Like my new layout?

Lizzie said...

Have you read the third one?

Lizzie said...

Oh, okay, that's right. I think you told me. Ah, I'm so forgetful! :]

Strawberry said...

Aw, shucks. And I thought I had a new admirier :(

Haha. Kidding, but anyway. That's awesome 'bout the sleepover. Haha but what does your mom know now?

....paint splatter? Nice. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Strawberry said...

....I still have no idea what you're talking about.

Strawberry said...

Haha, right. Thanks.

THAT'S AWESOME! YAY!!!!!!!!

Strawberry said...

Wow that sucks 0.0 You should, like, join a gym. And run every day or something. Or play soccer with your friends. It's awesome that you got in, though.

Strawberry said...

Heh. Yeah, I guess, but that's the beauty of being short :) You're just tall.

It's weird, though, because I've never been short till sixth, and then I became medium. Huh.

But they're just the right size for me :)

Strawberry said...

Heh, that sucks. Almost every guy worth having is either my height or taller in my school. Like Basil...:)

Anonymous said...

love this book the third one is the best of all :)