Monday, September 7, 2009

Catching Fire (The Real Review)


Catching Fire
Suzanne Collins

Sparks are Igniting.
Flames are Spreading.
And the Capitol wants Revenge.
Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. ANd there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol-a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.
Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws hear for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.
In Catching Fire, the second novel of the Hunger Games trilogy, Suzanne Collins continues the story of Katniss Everdeen, testing her more than ever before... and surprising readers at every turn.

Just the cover of this amazing book already tells that it's going to be exhilarating. All of the characters are so dynamic and perfect in their own inperfect ways. I want to go on a rampage just thinking about Catching Fire, but i am restraining myself so i won't ruin the book when you read it(when not if. This is a must MUST read.) Suzanne Collins did a great job keeping the storyline very interesting and kept it fast paced. Now i must say that i think that the first book, THe Hunger Games, is slightly more of a favorite for me, but Catching Fire is a very very close second.
Read this book. Of course after you read the Hunger Games. Now. I am not kidding.

7 comments:

Strawberry said...

Peeta. But I think we discussed this.

...yes :(

Strawberry said...

Like Alzeihmers? I hope not. Gosh, I spelled that wrong. I'll probably go insane or something like that.

Eh, it wasn't. Kinda tame. It feels like summer just didn't happen, like I was just coming back on Monday. Nothing changed.

Strawberry said...

It actually kinda was. Gosh, that sucks :) My locker takes forever to open...it's so annoying...
What do you mean? I thought all schools were inside.

Yeah I know. Gosh that sucks...huh. He's only in my LA class, which sucks majorly. I've been staring at the back of his neck all day...heh, but it's actually really nice...gosh I sound weird now :)

Strawberry said...

Heh, indeed it is.

Ohhh I get what you mean. Wow that's cool. I mean, I'd rather have my school (:P) but that's cool. You have lockers outside??? Wooooooah.

Speaking of which, my locker hates me. It opens for everyone else but me. Three people know my locker combination already!

Strawberry said...

Haha, we just can't win. That sucks. I finally figured my locker out, though. I just have to pull really, really hard.

Strawberry said...

Haha. Search me. I'm not much of a sleepover person. I guess have a bunch of movies ready, get an area set up, make sure to be supplied with plenty of nail polish (makeovers are always a must! If you're into that kinda thing...), snacks (like popcorn, pizza, soda, etc.), and games that involve a lot of people. If you're inviting the entire team, though, someone should always think of SOMETHING to do. I dunno. Hope I helped :)

Strawberry said...

Dude. That kid has issues. Why the hell would he pee in a hat??
For some reason that reminds me of Vera and how she'll tell anyone anything about me. I think I'll get her back by saying she has pink butterfly underwear (which she does).

Yeah, that sucks. But you're welcome. Heh, hope you have fun.