Thursday, July 16, 2009

Secrets of My Hollywood Life


Secrets of My Hollywood Life
Jen Calonita

What if ... your picture were taped inside teenage boys' locker across America, you closets were bursting with never worn designer clothing, and the tabloids constantly asked whether you were losing you "good girl" status?

It's a glamorous life, but sixteen year old Kaitlin Burke, costar of one of the hottest shows on TV, is exhausted from the pressures of fame. Then she hits on an outrageously daring solution, one that has to remain top secret or it will jeopardize everything she's ever worked for.

I was surprise to know that i actually enjoyed reading this book. Let me get this straight though, it isn't one of my favorites, and it isn't the best book out there, it was just a nice break from some of the sci fi (City of Bones/Ashes/Glass) and serious books i have been reading lately. Now while the idea she comes up with is completely unrealistic, it is cool to imagine that those things would happen. I really like Austin. He seems like an all around good guy, tho i can see many him getting into some trouble in future books, just because he seems like THE perfect guy. I do agree on the fact that young stars today may have too much on their plate, and do need a break once in a while without being criticized and humiliated with phony and outrageous rumors. Then again it suppresses a guilty pleasure of mine too. I alway wished and wanted to be a celebrity, though from the way my life is heading, i can tell this isn't going to happen anytime (or ever) soon. This book, hopefully realistically, lets me imagine what it would be like to be a celeb, and compare it to my normal life. This isn't a must read book, but if someone offers to let you borrow it, don't hesitate to say yes.

11 comments:

Lizzie said...

Thanks for the review. A friend of mine got that book for free. She's not a big reader, but she still reads. This, as opposed to City of Bones and other sci-fi, is more her genre. Anyway, I should ask if she'd let me borrow it! :]

Strawberry said...

Ugh, I know what you mean. Guys just don't like me for some reason...sigh :(

Haha, you're not seriously messed up, I like fictional characters too.

Yeah, well, I know, but still...lol. Pale and creepy. Just like me! I like Ron.

Strawberry said...

Haha, yup. It's totally sexy. LOL.

Strawberry said...

Either that or flying. Haha.

Strawberry said...

Haha, invisibility is cool too.
I couldn't comment from my mom's iPhone :(

Strawberry said...

Cool, your mom has an iPhone?? Wicked.

Hey, I'm writing a story too! Well, several. Awesome. Of course you can! My e-mail is omgellet@aol.com.

Strawberry said...

Well, true. That would be pretty wicked.

Can do! Haha, now I have to decide which one :)

Strawberry said...

Haha, I only sent you one, but then again, you know that.
Hmm...I can't think of any good books to suggest 0.0

Strawberry said...

Thank you! That's what I thought, but I still can't find it at Barnes and Noble. Ugh.
It's super awesome so far, but then, you know that. I will.

Strawberry said...

Haha, I prefer 'suspenseful'.

I just read the summaries on bn.com. It looks so amazingly epic!!! I can't wait to read all the books!

Strawberry said...

Indeed it is.

Um, you know there were two links there, right? One to the youtube video and one to the lyrics.