Thursday, July 9, 2009

City of Bones



City of Bones
Cassandra Clare

When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shawdowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons- and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty four hours, Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary Mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shawdowhunters would like to know...

I liked this book a whole lot. Clary, the stubborn teen who doesn't listen. Jace the one whose gone through too much heartbreak. Simon, Clary's best friend who will stick with her until the end. I wish, wish i had a best friend like Simon, which automatically makes him my favorite character of the book. Isabelle and Alec, "siblings" of Jace are hard to read, and are very unpredictable, but make the story even out. The world of magical creatures in this book, make me want to experience what they are experiencing. In the beginning, it is sort of confusing, but as you read it gets clearer. This book is very interesting. And is a nice vacation from having a sci fi/fantasy book being all about vampires. Okay, there are vampires in this wonderful, amazing book, but they aren't a major part... or are they? This is a must read, and though it isn't as great as the Hunger Games, it is still great. And Clary having red hair? so cool.P.s. i think the figure on the cover is meant to represent Jace.

11 comments:

Strawberry said...

Haha, I don't even remember what they were.
His guitar was awesome. Is he a good singer?

Strawberry said...

Heh, I've never head him before.
By the way, Bad Girls Don't Die is a pretty good book.

Lizzie said...

I love that book a helluva lot. You really need to read the other two in the trilogy. [Waiting for the third was killer. No worries, it's out now.]

Oh, and Wake and Fade by Lisa McMann is good as well.

Strawberry said...

Yup, I know. I've heard of him before. From an Eminem song...

Well, I guess most people haven't, it's pretty recent and not from a well-known author (I think). Haha, it's pretty good though. The only problem with it is it doesn't focuses too much on smaller themes; it's kind of broken up.

I've been meaning to read those forever, but I never got around to it! I'll have to start on them the next time I go to Barnes and Noble.

Strawberry said...

Haha, I guess that's a good thing? I love high-end clothes. Haha, but I can't afford them at all. That's why I love Charlotte Russe :)

I certainly will :D I love clothes!

OMG COINKY-DINK! Haha what beach? I went to Atlantic City...but then, you've probably never heard of it, considering it's, ya know, in New Jersey.

Strawberry said...

Awesome...haha, I guess the beach doesn't really have a name, but Atlantic City is the city behind it. lol.

Strawberry said...

Haha, I love pretty houses, especially on the beach, but 4.9 million is a bit much...oh well. If a hurricane/tsunami comes, it'll be the first to go.

Strawberry said...

Ohmegawd, ya! I completely forgot that west-coast places never get hurricanes. I dunno bout tsunamis, though. Haha, still.

Strawberry said...

Wow, I thought all high schools have newspapers. I know the ones in my district do...
OMG, THE XENON IS THE BEST! Haha, I'm probably gonna get it for my birthday. I also like the Neon, though...hum...decisions, desicions, no? That sucks. At least you got a skirt!

Strawberry said...

Haha, I know the feeling. The Rzr is nice but only for a short period of time, not two years.
Ours isn't a class, it's a club, but whatever. That sucks. You should suggest a newspaper to your princapal! I mean, if there's not one in high school. Lol.
Newsletters must die =.= Our's is called the Raptor's Roar, which is the stupidest thing ever.

carley1 said...

hey joran wanted to see ur blog this place is awesome LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV IT!!
carley1
.c-pod.blogspot.com