Sunday, July 5, 2009

Prism


Prism
Faye Kellerman and Aliza Kellerman

Kaida Hutchenson isn't exactly psyched for the class trip to Carlsbad Caverns. Fourteen hours in a van with preppy jock Zeke Anderson and high school longer Joy Tallon? No, thank you.
But when a tragic and explosive accident turns the journey into a nightmare, Kaida would give anything to be back on the road. Stumbling at midnight through the unforgiving desert, Kaida, Zeke, and Joy take refuge in an abandoned cave... until the world goes from pitch black to blinding. The next thing Kaida know, she's back home in California and everything is just as it was before the Carlsbad trip ever took place.
Or is it?
Increasingly, unnerved by the distorted world around her, Kaida starts receiving unexpected help from mysterious people. Soom she must band together with Zeke and Joy to try to make it back to the reality she remembers... and to survive the one she's fallen into.
First i just want to give props to Aliza Kellerman for writing this book, even with the help of her mother, Faye. I just think its awesome that she tried to write a book, and succeeded. Writing is very hard, (at least for some) and she only being Junior in high school, has achieved so much already. Okay so about the book. I sort of, really liked it. Though it was a bit to short for my liking. I felt that if it were longer, and had more details, it wouldn't have felt so rushed, and then it would have been ten times better. Also there are some parts that don't make sense, like a certain word here or there that would confuse me, but then again it might just be me, and there are some information that was like, "okay, what did that have to do with anything?" but i still liked the book. My favorite character of the book is... Ozzy Callahan!!! If you haven't read the book, you wouldn't know who he was, cause he is not mentioned in the summary, but he's there. I also really liked how the main character, Kaida was unconventional. Starting with her name which is japanese, and her purple hair, to her dislike of a school trip. ( I mean who doesn't like time away from home with all your friends?) This is one book that i would really like to see a sequel for. It ends alright, but i really want to know what happens next (**** *********** ********************* ***********? *************** * ******** ****** *? ***** * *********** ********? these are all my questions that have been left unanswered. I would write then down though i don't want to ruin the book for you too much.) I would definitely buy the sequel if she ever decides to make one. There is a lot of good stuff that could make a good storyline. And last but not least, I would definitely recommend this book. The thing i disliked the most probably would be the cover, because it almost makes you want to walk past it, due to the oldyness of the cover. But hey, that's just my opinion. It isn't boring, and keeps me interested. So if you just happened to see it on sale, or in the library, pick it up and read it, It won't waste your time.

3 comments:

Strawberry said...

Haha, 'sokay. I do that all the time, even when I'm not tired! :D

Ew, that must have sucked. Haha, I've been to Disneyland! I loved it there. I live across the country from it though :)

Strawberry said...

Aw, I know what you mean. :(

Haha. "It must be cool not living in California". That is a truly funny line right there. Mind if I add it to my Favorite Phrases?
Urm...what's it like living in another state? Well, colder, for one. Especially in New Jersey (told ya I didn't live in Iowa!). I dunno...lol.

Strawberry said...

Awesome! Haha, it will be added right after this.

Eh, I like four seasons. In the winter it always seems too cold and in the summer it always seems too hot, but I wouldn't trade either of them. Spring and fall are just gorgeous, too :D