Monday, January 26, 2009

This Lullaby

This Lullaby
Sarah Dessen
Okay so I love this book. Not like The Hunger Games LOVE, but like it makes me laugh LOVE. So Remy, she always has this pattern with guys, she goes out with them, and right before it get serious, she dumps them, so as not to get attached. And she does not date musicians. On the other hand, Dexter (i love him), is a musician, and the first time he talks to remy is to declare that they were meant for each other and that the song that was playing was their song. Remy thinks he's a freak and the freak keeps on bumping into her until things happen. I absolutely love the character of Dexter. He is such a dork, kid, and is so funny. He is the lead singer of their band, Truth Squad and they hate spinnerbait. HATE SPINNERBAIT. (read the book and you'll get it). The whole story is really cute and isn't as deep and scar-ful as Dessen's other books. One of my faves and when i talk about my faves, I mean out of Dessen Books and all books, but mainly out of Dessen Books. And for all you guys out there, it is a girl book. Just making sure, because you know,  sometimes there is that one guy.... JK

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Omigod i heart this book soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i love how sarah dessens books have like their own little world :]

Jordie19 said...

i love how it makes me laugh "i saw you by the tire stand and figured we were meant to be together" or "you bought me spoons, and forks, and knifes, because.... you love me. you love me. you.love.me.

Unknown said...

LOL i love the second one!

Jordie19 said...

I know it was fantastically awesome