Monday, August 10, 2009

Secrets of My Hollywood Life On Location


Secrets of My Hollywood Life On Location
Jen Calonita
Hollywood Secret Number One: When it comes to celebrity dating, many stars talk about the benefits of dating a fellow actor. Between you and me, that"celeb-only" dating speech is week-old baloney. The truth is, it's tough to date a fellow actor. There's too much competition over who's the bigger star and too much stress over spending the next six months apart when you ship off to shoot a movie in Bangladesh and he is on location in the West Indies.

The real reason why actors so often date other actors? We've got nobody else to date! Stars mostly spend time with other stars (and reality show hanger ons). A famous actress is unlikely to find her next relationship while pumping gas at the local MObil. That is, unless... you spend a few months pretending to be someone you're not. That's how I met a real guy like Austin. Now I just hope he can handle living under a microscope.

I liked this book alot. I was first hesitant to buy the first of the series, because i am not a huge fan of journal books, but then again i should have open it up and took a peek. It's not a serious book. No death, no depression, no drugs.... ( I shall call that the DDD's). But i really like the main character, Kaitlen's, boyfriend, Austin, because he seems down to earth, and like someone who would never truly exist in real life. I think that's what make it interesting, her relationship. I am more interested in that then her fued with her costar, or her brother being a wannabe star. It keeps me entertained.

I would recommend this book if you want something easy to read, and a light romance. I am glad i own the book, but if borrow it from the library, it's all good. As long as you read it. You don't have to rush out and buy it, but if you happened to be looking at the bookstore and find nothing really interesting (or your mom won't let you buy a hard cover being it's not worth the two hours I spend reading it.) pick up this book and go ahead and read it.

2 comments:

Strawberry said...

Wow, you have way more reason to be nervous than me...being a freshman and all...at least I'm staying in the same school :) Heh, we have the same worries (except for getting lost and the volleyball thing). It'd be better if school just didn't start at all.

Strawberry said...

Haha thanks :) I like it too...it's a really good phone.